Dodge will debut the 2012 Charger with black treatment and new styling package, the Dodge Charger Blacktop, at the upcoming 2012 Consumer Electronic Show (CES) in Las Vegas and the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. For the first time, the 2012 Charger will be offered with Beats Audio System that was deigned by Chrysler engineers partnering with Beats by Dr. Dre.
The Beats Audio system will be standard equipment on the 2012 Dodge Charger R/T Max, Dodge Charger Blacktop Package or Rallye Appearance Group on Dodge Charger SXT models. The Beats Audio system is also included with the Sound Group and Wheels and Tunes Group on Dodge Charger R/T models. Introduced at the 2011 New York International Auto Show, the system currently is standard with the 2012 Chrysler 300S and available as an audio upgrade in Chrysler 300 models.
The integration of Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ audio system delivers the mid- to high-range needed for studio-quality sound. Included in the system are:
• Three 3.5-inch speakers located in the instrument panel
• Two 3.5-inch speakers located in the rear doors
• Two 6 x 9-inch front-door woofers provide bass
• Two 6 x 9-inch speakers and a center-mounted 8-inch speaker located in the rear-shelf area provide full-range audio
• Maximizing how music genres from hip hop to Motown should sound and feel, an 8-inch Beats Audio trunk-mounted dual-voice coil subwoofer with sealed enclosure delivers tight, powerful, punchy bass.
The 2012 Dodge Charger models powered by Beats by Dr. Dre audio system will go on sale in the first-quarter of 2012.